Samsung’s latest crown jewel, Galaxy Note 8 managed to pull a record number of pre-orders and is now available in the markets. Despite the debacle with the Galaxy Note 7, the Korean manufacturer was quite confident for Note 8 and now we can see. During the first half of year, Samsung releases two new variants of its Galaxy S lineup and in the second, a successor to Note series. Since Note 8 is the latest device from the manufacturer, the features it packs could not be found elsewhere. The good news is for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus users who can now install the Note 8 firmware on their devices and can enjoy all the exclusive features. It became possible due to efforts of mwilky, XDA developer that you can install Galaxy Note 8 ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
The Galaxy Note 8 is the first and only Samsung device to run Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. The ROM is dubbed as Renovate Ice Note 8 and is based on the N950FXXU1AQl1 firmware of the Galaxy Note 8. Since it is based on the Galaxy Note 8 firmware, you can enjoy all the key features of Note 8 on your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus device. These include customizable AROMA installer, optimized and improved battery performance, Tweaks app, 5-way reboot menu, Outdoor mode, LED Notification settings, Screen recorder and much more. The best thing about installing Galaxy Note 8 ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus is that it doesn’t trip the Knox counter.
- Install Nemesis ROM on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Install BatStock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S8 Restart Issue
If you own either Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, Renovate Ice Note 8 ROM is the only way to have the exclusive Galaxy Note 8 features on your device. However, note that the ROM is still in the Beta, which means you must have the patience to deal with bugs. For your ease, we have provided the download link as well as the instructions required to install Galaxy Note 8 ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
The ROM is only for Galaxy S8 [G950F, G950FD] and Galaxy S8 Plus [G955, G955FD] variants.
INSTALLING a Custom ROM IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. IN CASE OF ANY MISHAP, ANDROIDODEX OR THE DEVELOPER WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
- Head over to the link and download Samsung Galaxy Note 8 USB Drivers. → Link
- Use the provided link to download Renovate Ice Note 8 ROM. → Link
- You must have a custom recovery such as TWRP installed on your device. Use this guide to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Create a backup of your data including pictures, contacts, and files.
- Charge the device to at least 60% to avoid any accidental shutdowns.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Settings > About Device.
- Tap the number 7 times. It will enable developer options.
- Head back to Settings > Developer Options.
- Tap on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging to enable.
How to Install Galaxy Note 8 ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Move the ROM file to the external storage of your device (SD Card).
- Assuming that you have TWRP recovery installed, turn your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus off and boot it into recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hold Power + Bixby + Volume Up keys for few seconds.
- When the manufacturer logo appears, let go of the keys. You will end up in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on Wipe and select Wipe Data > Cache And Dalvik Cache via recovery.
- After wiping the data, navigate back to main menu and tap on Install.
- Select the Renovate Ice Note 8 ROM zip file that you copied to the SD Card.
- Initiate installation by swiping to right.
- This will start the AROMA installer wizard, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
- After flashing, reboot the device by tapping on Reboot > System.
If you have questions regarding the method, let us know via comments.