Ads are used to track down your interests and help you find the relevant content that you are looking for, however, most of the times while using free Android apps the Ads we see are irrelevant. If you are fed up of the random ads that pop up in Android apps, Julian Klode‘s DNS66 is the app should install on your Android device. Julian is a renowned Xda member and has developed DNS66 solely for those who want to block ads in Android apps without rooting their devices. Yes, rooting your Android device gives you lot of privileges but the process is tricky and not everyone is up for that.
The fact that DNS66 saves you from the trouble of rooting the device is one thing, in fact, it has tons of other features to make itself the top contender. Unlike its competitors, DNS66 doesn’t just work on the DNS level. It not only filter the traffic for long but also saves battery juice. On top of that, DNS66 is free and can be downloaded easily from F-Droid Repository, trusted site for open source apps.
Installation of DNS66 is a bit tricky as it requires settings up when launched for the first time. For your ease, we have provided both the download link and the necessary instructions to setup DNS66 app.
Block Ads In Android Apps Without Root
- First, head over to the link and Download DNS66 App from F-Droid Repository.
- Install the DNS66 apk file you downloaded.
- Now comes the set-up part, read the instructions or follow the steps provided below to setup DNS66.
- Tap on Domain Filters tab and pick one ad-blocking hosts file.
- For instance, if you want to select Adaway host file, tap on the red dot adjacent to it.
- Now head back to Start/Stop tab and tap on the refresh icon located on the top of the screen.
- You will be notified that hosts file is downloading, wait till the download completes.
- Long press on the Power icon, this will enable VPN ad-blocking service.
- That’s it.
Compared to other ad-blocking apps, DNS66 doesn’t drain out the battery and doesn’t even appear in the battery stats.