CarbonROM on OnePlus 5 is finally out and is up on the xda threads, all thanks to the developer gtpitch. This ROM runs on the latest builds of Android 8.1, and runs a clean and smooth version of the same. Despite the many features it has packed into it, the ROM comes with exceptional battery life and also great performance. If you are interested in installing CarbonROM on OnePlus 5, then follow this in-depth guide to do just that in just a couple of minutes!
OnePlus 5 was released in July 2017, and has some of the better specifications on the market, sporting the Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of RAM, 128 Gigs of super fast UFS 2.1 storage, a 5.5″ beautiful AMOLED panel, with a good enough dual camera setup. The phone grabbed all the attention when it was first released, but was soon discarded for the more future-proof OnePlus 5T, which had a bezelless design. The OnePlus 5 was released with Android Nougat out of the box, and is currently running a stable version of Android Oreo atop OxygenOS 5.0, and has a guaranteed update to Android P as soon as possible.
Like stated previously, this ROM is a great blend of both features and performance. Users complained rarely of app crashes and bad battery, so all’s good when it comes to stability. The features themselves are left for the user to explain and we won’t spoil them for you either! It also seems that the ROM is based off of Lineage or AOSP since it brings about a smooth stock experience with little to none frame drops.
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install CarbonROM on OnePlus 5
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed CarbonROM on your OnePlus 5. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install CarbonROM on OnePlus 5 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.