Samsung Galaxy S6, once the crown jewel of Samsung is an amazing smartphone to own. Back then, Samsung released two variants, Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. At the time of release, both the devices were better than their rivals in terms of hardware and operating system. However, soon some of the users started to report a problem related to the microphone. According to them, the microphone of their Galaxy S6 started acting weirdly and listener at the other end not being able to hear properly. If you own Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge device and are experiencing the microphone issue, don’t fret. Here we will help you fix Galaxy S6 microphone relates issues.
Apparently, there isn’t a bug which might be the reason, therefore, we have listed all the possible reason which might be the cause. Before you jump off to the methods, it is better to disconnect your phone from all the other device like Bluetooth headset or headphones. If the phone works properly and the issue is gone, then it is time you look for new headphones. Also, it is always a good practice to clean the microphone ports.
Also Check: Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 Fast Charging Not Working
Though there are very few applications which could affect the microphone but still, you should inspect the firmware as well. The provided method works on Galaxy S6 Edge devices as well.
Clean the Microphone
Third-party aside, there could be hardly anything causing the microphone issues. Cleaning a piece of hardware like a microphone is the first thing you should try. Use a needle to clean the microphone hole and then use the compressed air to blow the dirt away. See if this works, else try the methods provided below.
Boot in Safe Mode to Fix Galaxy S6 Microphone
In Safe mode, only pre-installed apps work. This will enable you to inspect if it’s the third-party app that is causing the issue or not. To boot in Safe Mode;
- Turn your Galaxy S6 Off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung logo appears, let go of Power key but at the same time press and hold Volume Down key.
- When the phone restarts and displays Safe Mode message, release the Volume Down key.
Once in Safe mode, use the microphone. If it works properly, delete the third-party apps which might be the cause.
Factory Reset to Fix Galaxy S6 Microphone
Factory Reset takes the phone back to default settings but it should be used as a last resort. Make sure to create a backup of your data as factory reset wipes everything in the internal storage.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S6.
- Now Press and Hold Power + Volume Up + Home keys at the same time until Android appears on the screen.
- When it does, let go of the keys.
- Here, use Volume Up/Down keys to navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option.
- Use the Power key to select the option.
- You will be asked to confirm. Again use Volume Up/Down keys to navigate and Power to select Yes- delete all user data.
- Then use the Power key to select Reboot system now.
That’s it. If you have any query, let us know in the comments.