Omni ROM on OnePlus 5T was one of the first Android 8.1 custom ROMs to have surfaced online for the device. Thanks to the folks over at xda, and the developer darkobas, we have weekly stable builds of the same for the beloved device. While almost all the bugs have been squished off from the ROM, people still agree that it is pretty unstable when it comes to snappiness and performance, but that is why there are weekly builds in the first place! Anyhow, our in-depth guide on how to Install OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T is right below.
The OnePlus 5T was released in late 2017, with all the new and fancy specifications. Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, all for a steal at roughly $500. While it didn’t have anything much new and had more in common than the OnePlus 5, people still praised the company for finally joining the trend with the 18:9 displays.Everything else about the OnePlus 5T is great as well, including the awesome to use OxygenOS, based on Android Oreo. OnePlus promises software updates upto 3 iterations of Android, which is the same as what Pixel phones offer.
Let’s get back on track with our article today. OmniROM hasn’t been around for a long time, but for the little time that it has, users have had only good things to say about the ROM. It has a handful of useful features, and also introduced the Style Engine, which is the theming capability that Oreo has to offer on custom ROMs. Everything else about the ROM is pretty generic, like mediocre battery life, and for the OnePlus 5T, it also has features specific like Dash Charging, and even settings to tweak the Alert Slider.
Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the OmniROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed OmniROM 8.1 on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install OmniROM 8.1 on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.