The latest builds of AICP ROM on OnePlus 5T have finally surfaced online. Thanks to the good folks over at xda, and the developer GreekDragon. The ROM is based on Google’s latest version of Android, which is 8.1 Oreo. For the longest time, AICP was based off of AOKP, but recently switched over to LineageOS for the base libraries, which is a great thing. If you want to Install AICP ROM on OnePlus 5T, then follow our in depth guide.
The OnePlus 5T boasts of some insane specifications including the all great Snapdragon 835, upto 8 gigabytes of RAM, insanely quick UFS 2.1 storage and more. While it only has the 18:9 display and a slightly different use of the second camera that’s different than the OnePlus 5, the phone has been received well by both the media and the consumers. Part of which is to be praised thanks to the great software, which is OxygenOS based on Android Oreo.
However, some people complain that OxygenOS is too heavy of a skin for their taste, and here is where the world of custom ROMs comes in. AICP does a great job of balancing both the looks of Stock Android, and also brings about a ton of useful options to play around and make your phone truly yours. The ROM is heavily stable, and even the few bugs you might encounter will be fixed thanks to the timely updates.
If you have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T, then the procedure will be quick and easy. If you don’t however, we have detailed guides on the following as well. Lastly, Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install AICP ROM on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the AICP ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed AICP on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install AICP ROM on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.