Google has released the most anticipated version of its Android operating system in its full glory. The latest version of Android 8.0 is named Oreo and is rolling out for all the devices that are signed up for the beta program. Fortunately, both the Nexus and Pixel users can get their hands on the Android 8.0 Oreo without waiting for the OTA. The much-anticipated version will take weeks before it will be made available for millions of users. Meanwhile, the factory images of Android 8.0 Oreo are available for selected devices. With these factory images, you can easily install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus and Pixel devices. The latest version of Android will improve your device’s performance and will make them more powerful. On top of that, you will be able to get your hands on the exclusive Android 8.0 Oreo features before the official update.
In order to install the factory images and getting your hands on Android Oreo, you will have to unlock the bootloader of your device first. However, before you proceed and unlock the bootloader, keep in mind that the process will wipe the data from your device. If you have already made the backup of your data, then you can install the update with worrying about the data. Eventually, the update will be made available but if you cannot wait for that, go ahead and install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus and Pixel devices.
You Might like;
- How to Install Google Fuchsia OS on Android Devices
- How to Block Ads in Android Apps Without Root
- Install Google Play Store on Chinese Android Phones Without Root
For your ease, along with the download links, we have provided the installation instructions so that you can easily install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus and Pixel devices. At the moment, Google has added only the factory images on the Android developer’s website, however, soon the links to OTA updates will find their spot as well. Meanwhile, Nexus and Pixel users enjoy the Android 8.0 Oreo on your devices.
Make sure to create a backup of your important data including photos, videos, and documents.
Install the Factory Images at your own risk. AndroidOdex will not be responsible in case of any damage.
- Download and Install latest Android USB Drivers on your Computer.
- Use the link to setup ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC.→ Link
- Unlock the Bootloader of your device. Here’s how to unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Settings > About Device.
- Tap the number 7 times. It will enable developer options.
- Head back to Settings > Developer Options.
- Tap on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging to enable.
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus Player
- Pixel C
- Pixel (Telstra, Rogers, TMO, Sprint, USCC, Project Fi)
- Pixel (other carriers)
- Pixel XL (Telstra, Rogers, TMO, Sprint, USCC, Project Fi)
- Pixel XL (other carriers)
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo On Nexus and Pixel Devices
- Connect your device with PC via a USB cable.
- Turn Off your device and reboot it into fastboot mode.
- Hold down Volume Down + Power keys.
- When the device starts, let go of Power key while holding the Volume Down.
- Use Volume keys to navigate and select Fastboot with the Power key.
- Extract the factory image file you downloaded in any folder.
- Go to _OPR6_folder and copy/paste all the factory image files to your Fastboot directory.
- Open the folder containing the extracted files and type cmd in the address bar and press enter.
- To flash the factory image file, type following commands;
- Windows: Run flash-all.bat
- On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
- Linux: Run flash-all.sh
If you have queries regarding the method, let us know in the comments.