Google I/O announced many new things and among them was a new operating system, Fuchsia OS. Though Google plans to bring in a new operating system called Fuchsia OS but when it announced Android Oreo at the conference, we all realize there is still something that Google has in the pipeline. At the moment Android Oreo is still in development but the good thing is that Google released the developer preview at I/O. Android Oreo Pixel Launcher is one of many useful features that will come with the latest Android Oreo. However, thanks to linuxct, who has managed to pull the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher from the developer preview, you can now install Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on Android devices.
With the release of Android Oreo developer preview, many Android users running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or above got their hands on Android Oreo Pixel Launcher. If you are running Android 6.0.1 but haven’t been able to install the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on Android devices, it could be due to the reason that Google has released the Android Oreo developer preview for selected devices, namely Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Google Pixel and Pixel XL. Don’t fret, if you do not own any of these devices as there is still a way for you to test the latest Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on Android devices.
- How to Install Google Fuchsia OS on Android Devices
- Install Android Oreo on Xiaomi Mi 4 via AOSP ROM
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus and Pixel Devices
The Xda contributor, linuxct not only he managed to pull out the Android Oreo Pixel Launcher but has posted the apk file as well. Now it is easier for you to install Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on Android devices running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or above.
How to Install Android Oreo Pixel Launcher on Android Devices
- Navigate to Settings > Security.
- Here look for Unknows Sources and enable it.
- Click on the link and download the Pixel Launcher APK. (LINK)
- Copy the file to your Android device and install it like any other apk file.
- Once installed, you can select the Pixel Launcher by tapping on the home button.