AOSiP ROM on OnePlus 5 has been updated with the Android 8.1 builds recently, and is now available to download over at the xda thread, all thanks to the developer gtpitch. This ROM is quite different than the rest since it isn’t built right from scratch, instead takes inspiration and features from the well known ROMs out there. If you are interested in learning how you can Install AOSiP ROM on OnePlus 5, then you are in the correct place.
OnePlus 5 was released in July 2017, and has some of the better specifications on the market, sporting the Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of RAM, 128 Gigs of super fast UFS 2.1 storage, a 5.5″ beautiful AMOLED panel, with a good enough dual camera setup. The phone grabbed all the attention when it was first released, but was soon discarded for the more future-proof OnePlus 5T, which had a bezelless design. The OnePlus 5 was released with Android Nougat out of the box, and is currently running a stable version of Android Oreo atop OxygenOS 5.0, and has a guaranteed update to Android P as soon as possible.
Like stated previously, this ROM is based off of ROMs like LineageOS, OmniROM, Resurrection Remix etc, for all of its feature list. The main goal of the ROM is to provide a near-perfect experience, and it delivers. It has great battery life with exceptional performance and loads of features to back it up. Coming from OxygenOS, you might be surprised to have a similarly stable ROM but with a stock experience and a ton of features.
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install AOSiP ROM on OnePlus 5
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed AOSiP ROM on your OnePlus 5. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install AOSiP ROM on OnePlus 5 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.