crDroid 4.1 on OnePlus 5T has been out for quite a while now on xda, thanks to the developer gwolfu. For anyone new to this ROM, it maintains a great balance between stability and looks thanks to the latest security patch levels as well as the stable libraries being used in the ROM. If you are interested in installing crDroid 4.1 on OnePlus 5T, then you’re absolutely in the right place.
OnePlus 5T was released shortly after the release of the OnePlus 5, boasting a new and improved 18:9 display, a set of new cameras, but everything else about the two phones was identical. The phone was released for the same price tag as the OnePlus 5 in some regions, which led people in purchasing the latter since it was an obvious choice. The 5T carries in it the Snapdragon 835, 8 gigabytes of RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, and a flagship build and design. On top of that, OnePlus’ great software based on Android Oreo has amazing optimizations for battery life and performance.
crDroid 4.1 is based off of the latest Android 8.1 Oreo, and this means it has all of its design queues, bells and whistles. The developer also made the ROM Viper4Android ready, which is one heck of an audio equalizer which can be installed via TWRP recovery. Moreover, the ROM has fluid performance, with great battery backup. It also has the OnePlus specific options like off-screen gestures, dash charging, and the options to change the alert slider toggles.
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5T, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install crDroid 4.1 on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the crDroid ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed crDroid 4.1 on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install crDroid 4.1 on OnePlus 5T , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.