ElementalX Kernel on OnePlus 5T is now out, thanks to the developer flar2. You can grab the latest builds of the Kernel on the xda thread. This kernel is a bit different than the rest of them, since it prioritizes stability over absolutely everything. If you are keen to Install ElementalX Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then follow our in depth guide on how to exactly do so.
The OnePlus 5T was released in late 2017, with all the new and fancy specifications. Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, all for a steal at roughly $500. While it didn’t have anything much new and had more in common than the OnePlus 5, people still praised the company for finally joining the trend with the 18:9 displays.Everything else about the OnePlus 5T is great as well, including the awesome to use OxygenOS, based on Android Oreo. OnePlus promises software updates upto 3 iterations of Android, which is the same as what Pixel phones offer.
Let’s get back on track with our article today. There might be a ton of kernels available for the OnePlus 5T, but what makes this one truly standout is the way it prioritizes stability over everything else. While the kernel does have the following list of features to back it up, we doubt anyone would choose this for buttload of features anyway.
- Easy installation and setup with Aroma installer
- Wake Gestures support (sweep2wake & doubletap2wake)
- Advanced color control
- Sound control (headphones, earpiece and mic)
- Backlight dimmer
- Overclock or underclock CPU
- LED settings
- Block wakelocks
- Adjust or disable vibration
- FIOPS, CFQ, deadline, noop and SIO i/o schedulers
- NTFS r/w, CIFS and NFS support
- Option to disable fsync
- Wireguard support
- performance and power optimizations
- Does not force encryption
- Compatible with systemless root
If you are already keen to install this kernel, then follow ahead! Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom kernel doesn’t require you to wipe your data partition, but we still recommend you to have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install ElementalX Kernel on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the Kernel file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed ElementalX Kernel on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install ElementalX Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.