In the past couple of weeks, LinegaeOS has made its way to a number of Android devices and brought a lot of features. After roaming out for quite a while, LineageOS has finally found a way to Samsung Galaxy A7. Lineage OS is a successor to CyanogenMod and is equally popular as the latter was, back in the old days. While the ROM took some time before making its way to Galaxy A7, considering the stability and features, the wait appears worthwhile. For Galaxy A7 2017, LineageOS 14.1 has been released despite that some of the devices have already got LineageOS 15.1. Here, for your ease, we have provided the required links to the official LineageOS site so that you can download the ROM file as well as the instructions to help you install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy A7 2017.
The LineageOS 14.1 build has been released officially a couple of days ago and if you find LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy A7, note that those are unofficial builds and aren’t as stable as the one being discussed here. Also, the fact that Galaxy A7 has received a fairly consistent security patch indicates that the device will get LineageOS 15.1, eventually. Now that Lineage OS is out, you can install it on your Galaxy A7 device and make the most out of it. A custom ROM is always a good way to extend the boundaries of your Android device, both in term of performance and features. Since LineageOS has been around for quite some time now, it has improved over the course of time and is very stable.
- Fix Samsung Galaxy A7 Stuck on Logo During Boot Up
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Charging Issues
- Install Carbon ROM on Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact
Given the links to official builds and instructions, you can easily install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy A7 2017. However, if you are a newbie, we advise you to take a good look at these things and do your research as any mistake can lead to a bricked device. If you have made up your mind and want to proceed, follow the instructions provided below.
INSTALLING A CUSTOM ROM IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. IN CASE OF MISHAP, ANDROIDODEX OR THE DEVELOPER WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.
- Make sure the bootloader of your device is unlocked. If not use this guide and unlock it.
- You must have Custom Recovery such as TWRP installed. Use this Link to download TWRP for Galaxy A7 2017 and this guide to install TWRP Recovery.
- Create a backup of your data including pictures, contacts, and files.
- Charge the device to at least 60% to avoid an accidental shutdown.
- Head over to the link and download Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 USB Drivers.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Settings > About Device.
- Tap the number 7 times. It will enable developer options.
- Head back to Settings > Developer Options.
- Tap on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging to enable.
Steps to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy A7 2017
- Transfer the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device.
- Now turn it off and boot it into recovery mode. To do so;
- Press and hold Power + Volume Up keys for few seconds.
- When the manufacturer logo appears, let go of the keys. You will end up in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on Wipe and select Wipe Data > Cache And Dalvik Cache via recovery.
- After wiping the data, navigate back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on Install.
- Select the LineageOS 14.1 ROM file you copied in the internal storage and initiate installation by swiping to right.
- Following the similar procedure install GApps that you downloaded earlier.
- After flashing, reboot the device by tapping on Reboot > System.
Since it’s the first boot after installing a custom ROM, it will take some time. If you are having any issue, let us know in the comments.