LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 5T is now officially out, available for download on the xda thread as well as the official website, thanks to the developer Evisceration. LineageOS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo, and comes in with the stock-most experience, with just a few tweaks and options to play around with. In this guide, you will be able to learn how to Install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 5T.
The OnePlus 5T boasts of some insane specifications including the all great Snapdragon 835, upto 8 gigabytes of RAM, insanely quick UFS 2.1 storage and more. While it only has the 18:9 display and a slightly different use of the second camera that’s different than the OnePlus 5, the phone has been received well by both the media and the consumers. Part of which is to be praised thanks to the great software, which is OxygenOS based on Android Oreo.
However, some people complain that OxygenOS is too heavy of a skin for their taste, and here is where the world of custom ROMs comes in. LineageOS has been around for the longest time under the nostalgic name of CyanogenMod. The ROM is based on stock Android 8.1, and has all of its design queues, bells and whistles. On top of that, users get a few remarkably useful tweaks to play around with. While there aren’t many options built into the ROM, it strikes a great balance between stability and performance.
If you have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T, then the procedure will be quick and easy. If you don’t however, we have detailed guides on the following as well. Lastly, Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the LineageOS ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed LineageOS on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.