You can now grab the latest builds of Mady’s Xtended Kernel on OnePlus 5T over at the xda thread thanks to the developer simedrut. The Kernel is built keeping in mind the battery life, and doesn’t have any good amounts of features, but the kernel is also currently in the works for an overhaul, so keeping that in mind, if you are interested in learning how to Install Mady’s Xtended Kernel on OnePlus 5T, this guide is your one stop shop!
The OnePlus 5T was released in late 2017, with all the new and fancy specifications. Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, all for a steal at roughly $500. While it didn’t have anything much new and had more in common than the OnePlus 5, people still praised the company for finally joining the trend with the 18:9 displays.Everything else about the OnePlus 5T is great as well, including the awesome to use OxygenOS, based on Android Oreo. OnePlus promises software updates upto 3 iterations of Android, which is the same as what Pixel phones offer.
Let’s get back on track with the article today. With the weird name aside, this kernel focuses on battery life as its main priority. It has automatic wake lock detectors and blockers out of the box, so you can say goodbye to the old and clunky Google Play Services battery drain issues. Some of the few features of the kernel are also listed below :
- Latest Upstream From GZR-Kernels
- Block Unnecessary Wake-ups
- Default Boeffola Wake-locks Included
- Some normal inits.
If you are already keen to install this kernel, then follow ahead! Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom kernel doesn’t require you to wipe your data partition, but we still recommend you to have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install Mady’s Xtended Kernel on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the Kernel file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Mady’s Xtended Kernel on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install Mady’s Xtended Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.