You can finally grab the latest builds of the much anticipated NitrogenOS on OnePlus 3 over at the xda thread, all thanks to the developer xyyx. This ROM is based off of stock AOSP, and is best suited for those who are looking for a more stable version of something like LineageOS. If you are interested in downloading and installing NitrogenOS on OnePlus 3, then follow our in-depth guide given below!
The OnePlus 3 was the Chinese Underdog’s flagship killer for the year 2016, and even though it was short lived thanks to its successor, the OnePlus 3T, this phone was still incredibly powerful at the time, and even is in 2018! It sported the latest and greatest (of that time) snapdragon 820, 6 insane gigs of RAM, a metal uni-body build, and also was baked in with sweet additions like the Alert Slider, Dash Charging, and OnePlus’ amazing software – OxygenOS.
Coming back to today’s article, NitrogenOS comes with a complete stock experience, with a plenty of options thrown in as well. This ROM is best suited for the people who want a stock experience but with customization they prefer. Stability and performance are two of the most highlighting factors in this custom ROM, and this sure doesn’t bail out on features as well, some of which are listed below :
- Network traffic
- Bluetooth device battery level in status bar –
- Adjust brightness by sliding across the status bar
- Input method selector notification. Quick Settings
- Number of rows and columns
- Quick pulldown; – No QS on secured lockscreen
- Brightness slider
- Smart pulldown
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 3. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install NitrogenOS on OnePlus 3
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed NitrogenOS on your OnePlus 3. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 3 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install NitrogenOS on OnePlus 3 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.