The latest builds of NoLimits 10.1 ROM on OnePlus 5 are now available over at the xda thread, all thanks to the developer xXx. This ROM is quite different than the rest of them, since this doesn’t run stock Android. Instead, it is based off of OnePlus’ own OxygenOS, and just adds a few tweaks on top to make the experience all the more exciting. If you are interested in installing NoLimits 10.1 ROM on OnePlus 5, then follow our in-depth guide down below!
OnePlus 5 was released in July 2017, and has some of the better specifications on the market, sporting the Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of RAM, 128 Gigs of super fast UFS 2.1 storage, a 5.5″ beautiful AMOLED panel, with a good enough dual camera setup. The phone grabbed all the attention when it was first released, but was soon discarded for the more future-proof OnePlus 5T, which had a bezelless design. The OnePlus 5 was released with Android Nougat out of the box, and is currently running a stable version of Android Oreo atop OxygenOS 5.0, and has a guaranteed update to Android P as soon as possible.
Coming back to the topic of today’s article, this ROM, as mentioned previously works best for the people who already are in love with OxygenOS’ style and design, but just wanted a few more options to play around with. This ROM does exactly that, and has a bunch of features while keeping the look exactly like OxygenOS. Below are some of the many features that you get to play around with :
- Windows Animation Scales
- Disable Google Play Wakelocks
- Modded Apps Detaching from Play Store
- Viper4Android by ShadySquirrel
- Stereo Speaker mod
- Extreme Debloating
- Individual Debloating
- Debloat GApps down to Pico level
- SDcard Permission fix
- Nova Launcher
- Action Launcher
- Pixel Launcher
- Lawnchair Laucher
- Android O Emojis
- iOS11 Emojis
- Emoji One
- Samsung Emojis
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install NoLimits 10.1 ROM on OnePlus 5
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed NoLimits 10.1 ROM on your OnePlus 5. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install NoLimits 10.1 ROM on OnePlus 5 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.