RenderZenith Kernel on OnePlus 5T has been updated recently with the latest security patch level and new features. You can grab it on the xda thread thanks to the developer RenderBroken. One thing to note is that this kernel is unified for both the OnePlus 5 as well as the OnePlus 5T. With that out of the way, if you are keen to Install RenderZenith Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then this guide is your one stop shop for the same.
OnePlus 5T was released shortly after the release of the OnePlus 5, boasting a new and improved 18:9 display, a set of new cameras, but everything else about the two phones was identical. The phone was released for the same price tag as the OnePlus 5 in some regions, which led people in purchasing the latter since it was an obvious choice. The 5T carries in it the Snapdragon 835, 8 gigabytes of RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, and a flagship build and design. On top of that, OnePlus’ great software based on Android Oreo has amazing optimizations for battery life and performance.
This kernel is built from the ground up only to suit the OxygenOS stock ROMs. This means that for everyone on a custom ROM, this probably won’t work and might soft brick your device. The kernel is tailored for maximum performance and security. It does have a handful of features, some of which are listed down below:
- EAS for msm-4.4
- Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (default)
- CFQ (default)
- Schedutil (default)
- Compatible with stock CAF performance framework
- WALT load tracking (default)
- Upstreamed to Linux 4.4.114
- Upstreamed to CAF 6.4.6100
- Dynamic Stune Boost v3 (proper top-app detection)
If you are already keen to install this kernel, then follow ahead! Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom kernel doesn’t require you to wipe your data partition, but we still recommend you to have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
- RenderZenith Kernel for OnePlus 5T
How to Install RenderZenith Kernel on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the Kernel file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed RenderZenith Kernel on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install RenderZenith Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.