Samsung’s Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are out in their full glory and at the moment you will not find better devices than the two flagships. In display and battery departments, the latter surpasses due to large screen size and bigger battery whereas rest of the features are same. Both run Android 7.0 Nougat operating system along with the Samsung Experience UI. Since Android is open in nature, we can expect customization on any device that runs Android. When it comes to Samsung, its devices end up having far greater number of Custom ROMs, MODs and other tweaks than others. Soon after the release, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus users witnessed the Nemesis ROM and now developers, mwilky & baadnewz have come up with RENOVATE ICE ROM on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
For any Custom ROM, it is almost necessary that it should improve the performance of the device, it is installed upon. Like any other Custom ROM, RENOVATE ICE ROM enables you to push the limits of your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus devices and customize them according to your liking. It focuses more on the UI and status bar and makes it more appealing and user-friendly. Here we will help you install RENOVATE ICE on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, however, you must follow the instructions carefully as the process is risky.
Before you go for the installation here are some of the features mentioned by the developer.
- Stock-based G950FXXU1AQDG ROM
- Android 7.0
- Semi deodexed until custom kernel support
- Support for G950 and G955 variants
- Customizable AROMA installer with option to debloat & remove Knox
- Choose from no root, Magisk or SuperSU
- Choose from lots of different CSC features
- Optimized for improved battery/performance
- Tweaks app to control your experience
- Device status set to official
- 5-way reboot menu added
- Added Outdoor mode to settings
- Added LED notifications to settings
- Added screen recorder quicksettings tile
- Removed OEM unlock toggle from settings to avoid accidentally re-locking device
- Enabled SystemUI Tuner
- Alarm volume added to the volume control dialogue
RENOVATE ICE is meant only for Exynos (G950F and G955F) variants at the moment.
Installing ROMs is not recommended by the manufacturer. If anything goes wrong, AndroidOdex will not be held responsible. Proceed at your own risk.
- Flashing a ROM requires factory reset on your device, it is better to create Backup of your data.
- Your device must have an Unlocked Bootloader. (Here’s how you can Unlock Bootloader of Android Devices).
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
How to Install RENOVATE ICE on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
- Before you flash RENOVATE ICE ROM, install TWRP recovery. (Here’s how to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8).
- Head over to the link and download RENOVATE ICE ROM for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Once downloaded, copy the ROM to SD Card.
- Now press and hold Power + Volume UP + Home buttons to boot your device into recovery mode.
- Select Wipe > Advance Wipe, select everything except SD card and wipe.
- Navigate back to the main menu and select Install.
- Locate the RENOVATE ICE file and install it.
- When the installation completes, tap on Reboot > System.
- Wait for about 5 minutes, since its the first boot. That’s it.
If you have a query, let us know in the comments.