Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5 is finally out, all thanks to the developer hard at work varund7726 and you can grab the latest builds over at the xda thread. This ROM is not made for the minimalists, since it is absolutely filled up to the brim. This is the same reason why die hard flashaholics like me die for a release this big, since the amount of customizations this ROM offers is simply unparalleled. If you are interested in installing Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5, then follow this in-depth guide!
OnePlus 5 was the Chinese underdog’s flagship killer for the year 2017. Although short-lived, thanks to its own successor, the OnePlus 5 sported some of the more insane specifications like the Snapdragon 835, 8 GB of RAM, 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, and all at a price of roughly $500. The phone was received very well not only by the media, but also by its customers, and that’s all thanks to OxygenOS, which is OnePlus’ own custom skin atop Android. The OnePlus 5 currently runs Android Oreo, and is guaranteed an update to Android P as soon as possible.
The reason why people wait for Resurrection Remix is particular is because of its emphasis on features. This ROM has an entire mini settings app built is that scores over 50 different and unique features. With this ROM installed, you can grab total control over how your phone looks and feels from the inside out. Some of the many features this ROM has to offer are written down below :
- Clock Customizations
- Battery Status
- Equalizer on Lockscreen
- Available for a wide range of devices
- Builds run atop Android Nougat and Oreo
- Battery and Performance has a balance
- Regular OTA Updates
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 5, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Resurrection Remix on your OnePlus 5. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.