Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T is now available for download on the official website as well as on the xda thread. Thanks to the developer varund7726 we now have an official and fully working build of resurrection remix 6.0, based on Android 8.1 Oreo. In this guide, you will be able to learn how to easily Install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T.
The OnePlus 5T boasts of some insane specifications including the all great Snapdragon 835, upto 8 gigabytes of RAM, insanely quick UFS 2.1 storage and more. While it only has the 18:9 display and a slightly different use of the second camera that’s different than the OnePlus 5, the phone has been received well by both the media and the consumers. Part of which is to be praised thanks to the great software, which is OxygenOS based on Android Oreo.
However, if you already have a OnePlus 5T with an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery like TWRP, then there’s nothing stopping you from trying out the newly released Resurrection Remix. The ROM has been well known in the developer community for the plethora of customizations it gives, all under one menu. The ROM is also praised for its overall stability in terms of performance and battery life. It also has OnePlus specific hardware features enabled in the kernel, like Dash Charging, and the alert slider togggles.
Bottom line, if you really want to install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T, then this guide is your one stop-shop. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the Resurrection Remix ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Resurrection Remix on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.