If you were looking out for a feature packed kernel, then good news for you! Singularity Kernel on OnePlus 5T was recently released after months of hype, and it is loaded with features to the brim! A kernel is the assisting part that helps the hardware of your phone to talk with its software and provide a pleasant and flawless experience. If you are interested in installing Singularity Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then our detailed guide will be helpful!
The OnePlus 5T was released in late 2017, with all the new and fancy specifications. Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, all for a steal at roughly $500. While it didn’t have anything much new and had more in common than the OnePlus 5, people still praised the company for finally joining the trend with the 18:9 displays.Everything else about the OnePlus 5T is great as well, including the awesome to use OxygenOS, based on Android Oreo. OnePlus promises software updates upto 3 iterations of Android, which is the same as what Pixel phones offer.
Let’s get back on track with our article today. There might be a ton of kernels available for the OnePlus 5T, but what makes this one truly standout is the amount of features it has loaded in it. Given below are some of the many features that the Kernel will enable on your OnePlus 5T after installation :
- Dynamic stune boost
- Adreno boost
- LED Settings
- High brightness mode
- USB fastcharge
An important note to take here is that this kernel does not work with the stock ROM, which is OxygenOS in the case. This is build from the group up to suit custom ROMs based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
If you are already keen to install this kernel, then follow ahead! Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Before you begin, make sure you have an unlocked bootloader, as well as a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your OnePlus 5T. Additionally, you may gain root access by flashing Magisk or SuperSU as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom kernel doesn’t require you to wipe your data partition, but we still recommend you to have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
- Singularity Kernel for OnePlus 5T
How to Install Singularity Kernel on OnePlus 5T
- Transfer the Kernel file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed Singularity Kernel on your OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install Singularity Kernel on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.