LG is one of the leading smartphone manufacturer and like all the other tech giants it uses Android operating system in its devices. Android has surpassed the Windows and now is the most popular and used operating system around the world. One of the main reasons is the fact that Android is open in nature. This also paves a way for developers to come up with custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, Kernels and other things. The very purpose of these tweaks is to customize your Android device, however, if you are done with that, we will guide you to install stock firmware on LG devices.
Though rooting and custom ROMs, recoveries bring lots of features and give you lot of privileges but the stuff is tricky and at times could brick your device. Also rooting blocks the way for OTA updates and other things. If you have bricked your device or want to update your LG device to the latest firmware, stock firmware is the best way. Though there are other means to update the firmware but having stock firmware on your device has its own perks. Here, we will show you how you can install stock firmware on LG devices using KDZ.
KDZ is basically a file format in which LG’s firmware come. In order to install stock firmware on LG devices, you will need LG Flash tool. Not just it helps you install stock firmware on LG devices but also enables you to install latest OS updates without waiting for the OTA to hit your device. Here’s how you can install stock firmware on LG devices.
- Head over to the link and install the latest USB drivers for your LG device on your PC.
- Turn OFF antivirus.
- Make sure your PC is not connected to the internet during the firmware installation.
- Download the stock firmware file against the model number of your LG device. Use trusted source such as XDA for downloading the KDZ firmware file.
- Charge your device to 60%, at least.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- Tap on Developer Options and then on USB Debugging to enable it.
How to Install Stock Firmware on LG Devices
- Use the provided links and download the LG Flash Tool 2014. → Link | Mirror
- Extract/Unzip the downloaded file and double-click on LGFlashTool2014.exe.
- Now boot your LG device into download mode. To do so;
- Turn Off your LG device.
- Connect the device to PC via a USB cable.
- Press and Hold Power + Volume Up keys.
- Once in download mode, let go of the keys.
- In LG Flash tool, click on the file shaped icon at the end of Select KDZ file.
- Provide the location of KDZ file you downloaded earlier and load it.
- Once the file is loaded, click on the CSE Flash button as we are installing the fresh copy of stock firmware. (NOTE: CSE Flash wipes the data. If you are upgrading from stock firmware you can use Normal Flash as well).
- Now click on the Start button, you will be asked for administrator permissions, accept.
- Then select Different > English from the language list and click on OK to start the installation.
- The installation process will take a while, sit back and relax.
- Once the process completes, your LG device will reboot automatically. This too will take some time since it’s the first boot after firmware installation.
That’s it. If you have questions related to the method, let us know in the comments.