The official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5 is now available, and this is amazing news to all the people who love to flash custom ROMs and kernels, since TWRP always is the complete package. It doesn’t only offer stability, but does so with a unique touch interface, which was unique for a recovery to do. Anyhow, if you are interested in learning how to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5, then read on.
OnePlus 5 was the Chinese underdog’s flagship killer for the year 2017. Although short-lived, thanks to its own successor, the OnePlus 5 sported some of the more insane specifications like the Snapdragon 835, 8 GB of RAM, 64 or 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, and all at a price of roughly $500. The phone was received very well not only by the media, but also by its customers, and that’s all thanks to OxygenOS, which is OnePlus’ own custom skin atop Android. The OnePlus 5 currently runs Android Oreo, and is guaranteed an update to Android P as soon as possible.
Let’s get back on track with our article today. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Installing TWRP on your OnePlus 5 is a very easy task, and all you need as a pre-requisite is an unlocked bootloader. Luckily for you, we have a guide on how to do so right here :
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Even though installing a custom recovery does no harm to your data, it’s always a good habit to backup everything before you start.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number seven times. This will enable Developer Options, under which you can enable USB Debugging.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC.
Copy this to the ADB folder and rename the file as “recovery.img” to make matters easier.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
- Boot your OnePlus 5 into the fastboot mode by pressing Power + Volume Upbuttons simultaneously.
- Launch ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC, and connect your device in fastboot mode using the data cable.
- Type the following command to ensure your device is being detected by Windows :
- If everything is okay, proceed to flashing TWRP recovery on your device :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Your phone might boot into the newly flashed recovery automatically. If it doesn’t, use the following command to manually do so :
fastboot boot recovery.img
Great going! With only a few minutes worth of efforts, you’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5 archives to not only root the device, but install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.