Official TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T is now available. This is great news to all the flashaholics everywhere since we know there is no better custom recovery than TWRP itself. While unofficial builds of TWRP had surfaced the instant the OnePlus 5T was released, it took the official release not a lot of time to have surfaced online as well. In this guide, you will be able to easily learn how you can Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T.
The OnePlus 5T was released in late 2017, with all the new and fancy specifications. Snapdragon 835, 6 or 8 insane gigabytes of LPDDR4 RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage, all for a steal at roughly $500. While it didn’t have anything much new and had more in common than the OnePlus 5, people still praised the company for finally joining the trend with the 18:9 displays.
Everything else about the OnePlus 5T is great as well, including the awesome to use OxygenOS, based on Android Oreo. OnePlus promises software updates upto 3 iterations of Android, which is the same as what Pixel phones offer. Let’s get back on track with our article today. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. Installing TWRP on your OnePlus 5T is a very easy task, and all you need as a pre-requisite is an unlocked bootloader. Luckily for you, we have a guide on how to do so right here :
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 5T. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Even though installing a custom recovery does no harm to your data, it’s always a good habit to backup everything before you start.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, navigate to Settings > About Phone and tap on Build Number seven times. This will enable Developer Options, under which you can enable USB Debugging.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC.
Copy this to the ADB folder and rename the file as “recovery.img” to make matters easier.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T
- Boot your OnePlus 5T into the fastboot mode by pressing Power + Volume Upbuttons simultaneously.
- Launch ADB and Fastboot on your Windows PC, and connect your device in fastboot mode using the data cable.
- Type the following command to ensure your device is being detected by Windows :
- If everything is okay, proceed to flashing TWRP recovery on your device :
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Your phone might boot into the newly flashed recovery automatically. If it doesn’t, use the following command to manually do so :
fastboot boot recovery.img
Great going! With only a few minutes worth of efforts, you’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 5T archives to not only root the device, but install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5T, then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.