Galaxy J3 2017 is the latest addition to the mid-range J series of Samsung. It comes with a 5-inch HD display, powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor. Like Samsung’s other devices, Galaxy J3 2017 runs Android operating system. Since Android is open nature, you can enhance the performance of mid-range devices. Rooting gives you administrative permissions on your device and allows you to enhance the performance of your Android device. By doing so, you will be able to improve the features and install custom ROMs on your Galaxy J3 2017. Don’t fret, if you are new to these things, we have got you covered. In this guide, we will help you install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy J3 2017.
In order to root your Galaxy J3 2017, you will have to install Custom Recovery. Custom recovery is basically a runtime environment to enable us to perform OS related tasks. At the moment TWRP recovery is the most famous and reliable custom recovery. It comes with a touch-based UI and enables you to navigate and perform actions by simply tapping on the buttons, no more commands.
- Root Google Pixel XL Running Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Fix Pandora App Crash Issue in Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot on Android Devices
It’s pretty easy to install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy J3 2017, however, newbies must be careful, even a slight mistake can lead to a bricked device.
Installing Custom Recovery will void the warranty and a slight mistake can lead to a bricked device. If anything goes wrong, AndroidOdex or the developer will not be responsible.
- Head over to the link and Download USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy J3 2017.
- Make sure to Backup your Data.
- Charge your Galaxy J3 2017 to 60%.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Settings > About Device.
- Tap the number 7 times. It will enable developer options.
- Head back to Settings > Developer Options.
- Tap on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging to enable.
- The latest version of Odin on your PC. → Link
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J3. Download
- SuperSU. → Download
- Data Mount Fix for SuperSU. → Download
Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy J3 2017
- Extract the TWRP recovery file, it should have a file with .tar extension.
- Install Odin on your PC launch it.
- Now turn Off your Galaxy J3 and reboot it into download mode.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Power + Home button to boot your device into download mode.
- Then, press Volume Up key to continue.
- Now connect your device to PC running Odin.
- Upon recognizing the device, Odin will show the message Added in the log box.
- To load the TWRP file in Odin, click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery (.tar) file that you extracted.
- Under the options tab, make sure Auto Reboot and Re-partition options are unchecked. Then click on Start.
- When the flash process completes, you will see PASS message above the ID:COM port.
- Now boot your device in recovery mode, press and hold Power + Home + Volume Down button. When the screen lights up, let go of all the buttons and press Volume Up button.
- A message will ask you if you want to allow modifications, swipe the screen and navigate to TWRP.
- In TWRP, tap on Wipe and then select Format Data. This will delete everything on your device.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file and Data Mount Fix to SD Card.
- Now boot your Galaxy J3 2017 into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Up + Home keys at the same time.
- When the screen wakes, let go of the keys.
- Once in recovery mode, select Install.
- Now locate the SuperSU file you copied and install it.
- Follow the same procedure and install Data Mount Fix.
- When the installation completes, head back to the main menu.
- In the main menu tap on Reboot > System. Since it is the first reboot, it will take some time.
That’s it, you have acquired privileges over your Galaxy J3 2017. Here’s a link to the official forum if you want to get into details.