It’s been almost a month since HTC has released it’s latest flagship, HTC U11 with some amazing features like Edge Sense. This one of its kind feature lets you perform pre-defined tasks when you squeeze the sides of your HTC U11. For instance, you can take photos just by squeezing the HTC U11. It was a brave move by Taiwanese manufacturer to come up with a device like HTC U11 despite having a bad experience with the previous devices. Like all the leading manufacturers, HTC devices run Android operating system. Since HTC U11 showed up with Android OS, folks at TeamWin didn’t waste any time and announced the TWRP recovery for the device. In this guide, you will find the easiest way to install TWRP recovery and root HTC U11.
Having an Android OS on your device is no less than heaven as it paves a way for Custom Recoveries, Root and Custom ROM’s. Rooting your Android device means getting the administrative privileges which enable you to improve performance, battery life and other features of your device. Before you go for the root process you will need a custom recovery installed on your HTC U11. At the moment TWRP is the most famous and reliable custom recovery and therefore, we will recommend you to install TWRP recovery and root HTC U11.
Custom recoveries create a runtime environment for us to perform OS related tasks and TWRP has the best environment. It has touched based UI which allows the users to easily navigate and perform required tasks. Let’s get to the installation section without further ado.
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC U11
Before you proceed with the instructions, it is necessary that you unlock the bootloader of your HTC U11. Since most Android OEM’s allow unlocking the bootloader, the process for unlocking the bootloader of HTC U11 is no different.
Installing Custom Recovery will void the warranty and Even a slight mistake can lead to a bricked device. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, ANDROIDODEX or Developer WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Download the latest USB Drivers for HTC U11.
- Use the link to setup ADB and Fastboot tool on your PC.→ Link
- Your device must have an Unlocked Bootloader. (Here’s how you can Unlock Bootloader of Android Devices).
- Click on the links provided below to download;
- Make sure to charge your device for up to 60%, at least.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Settings > About Device.
- Tap the number 7 times. It will enable developer options.
- Head back to Settings > Developer Options.
- Tap on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging to enable.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC U11
- First, rename the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded earlier to recovery.img.
- Copy this recovery.img file to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder. (On your computer it will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
- Connect your phone to PC.
- Right-click on an empty space in the adb folder and select command window.
- Type the following commands in the command window. After typing each command press Enter.
- adb devices
- adb reboot download
- fastboot devices
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- fastboot rebootf C U11
How to Root HTC U11
- Transfer the Magisk flashable zip file you downloaded earlier to your HTC U11.
- Connect your HTC U11 to PC and type, adb reboot recovery in the command window.
- This will boot your device into recovery mode, here select Install.
- Navigate to Magisk zip file and select it.
- Swipe to right and start the installation.
- Once the installation completes, Reboot System option will come up, select it.
- Now installed the Magisk Manager APK you downloaded earlier and that’s it.
In case you are having trouble with the rooting, let us know in the comments.