TWRP recovery has made its way to the newly released Samsung Galaxy S8, thanks to the recognized developer, jesec. Most of you are aware of the TWRP recovery and what it brings, however, if this is the first time you are installing a TWRP recovery on your Android device here are some things you should know. It was developed for the Nexus devices but due to full touch-based system, it got popular now you can install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 as well. Out of all the recoveries, TWRP recovery is the most famous and is known for the touch interface and a very user-friendly UI. TWRP recovery’s interface is the one thing that gets applaud, large buttons make it easier for users to spot the feature.
Aside from these features, TWRP recovery has a number of other benefits, flash different ROMs, MODs or even root your Android device, TWRP recovery makes the job easier. One major advantage that TWRP recovery has over stock recoveries is that it allows you to backup all the partitions of your Galaxy S8. Galaxy S8, on the other hand, is the latest flagship device from Samsung and comes with tons of features. At the moment, TWRP recovery works on the Exynos variant of Galaxy S8.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8
Installing TWRP recovery is pretty easy but if you are new and installing it for the first time, it might seem a bit tricky. Don’t fret, we have got you covered, the instructions provided below will guide you through the process.
- At the moment TWRP recovery works for Exynos variant of Galaxy S8.
- Rooting your Galaxy S8 will void its warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
- Installing a custom recovery could be tricky for newbies, a slight mistake can leave your device bricked. In any case, AndroidOdex will not responsible.
- Download the latest version of Odin on your PC. → Link
- Head over and download USB Drivers for Galaxy S8. → Link
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos).
- The latest version of Magisk.
- Make a backup of your data otherwise, you will lose everything.
- Make sure the battery of your Galaxy S8 is charged up to 60%, at least.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock. To do so;
- Go to Settings > About Device.
- Now locate Build Number and tap on it 7 times. This will enable Developer Options.
- Navigate back and enter in developer options. (It can be found above the About device option).
- Scroll down and where it says, OEM Unlock, tap. Tapping the option will enable OEM Unlock.
- Similarly, look for USB Debugging option and tap on it to enable USB Debugging.
Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 using Odin
- Install and launch Odin.
- Copy the no-varity-opt-encrypt and Magisk files to your Galaxy S8.
- Turn Off your Galaxy S8 device and reboot it into Download mode.
- Press and Hold Bixby + Volume Down + Power button to boot your device into download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy S8 to PC running Odin.
- In Odin click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery (.tar) file that you downloaded.
- Under the options tab, make sure Auto Reboot option is unchecked if so click on Start button.
- When the flash process completes, you will see PASS message above the ID:COM port.
- You have installed the TWRP recovery, now it is time to root your Galaxy S8.
- For that, you will have to flash Magisk file in the Recovery mode of your Galaxy S8.
- To boot your Galaxy S8 in recovery mode, press and hold Bixby + Volume Down + Power button. When the screen lights up, let go of all the buttons and press Volume Up button.
- Navigate back to main menu, select Reboot > Recovery and reboot your device in TWRP.
- From the options, tap on Install and provide the location where you copied no-varity-opt-encrypt and install it.
- When the installation completes, tap Reboot > System.
That’s it, you have installed TWRP recovery on Galaxy S8. In case you are having trouble with the method, let us know in the comments.