If you’ve been on the move looking for a custom ROM that best suits your stability and bloat-free needs, then we have an answer for you! You can grab the latest builds of VertexOS on OnePlus 3 over at the xda thread, thanks to the developer joshuous who has been hard at work with the ROM. You will find why this Custom ROM is unique a bit later in this guide, so if you’re interested in learning how to Install VertexOS on OnePlus 3, then look no further!
The OnePlus 3 was released back in 2016, sporting some of the more insane specifications like the Snapdragon 820 powered by enormous 6 Gigabytes of RAM. There was no doubt that this phone was indeed ahead of its time, and to pack it all up, it came with an impressive camera, a metal uni-body build, and a gorgeous AMOLED display. Some peculiar things like Dash Charging, dual-sim support, and the company’s staple Alert Slider also made its way to the 2016 flagship killer.
Let’s get back to the topic of today’s article. The reason why we feel this ROM is going to be perfect is because it is based on EAS. What this means is that you could install and EAS-specific kernel and potentially use your device to its fullest. Right now, this ROM comes in collaboration with the popular Render Zenith kernel we all know and love. In any case, this is a close-to-stock ROM, with a couple of handy features thrown in between, some of them have been mentioned below :
* EAS support
* Vox Populi Power HAL (developed by yours truly)
* Vertex Walls
* Daydream VR support
* Disable SIM toggle
* DASH-charging support (thanks to AOSPA for charging message on lockscreen)
* OMS (please install Substratum separately)
* SELinux Enforcing
* OnePlus Camera ported from OOS
* sRGB toggle (AOSPA)
* Buttons customization (AOSPA)
* Battery icon customization (AOSPA)
* Double tap Launcher3 homescreen to sleep (AOSPA)
* Double tap lockscreen to sleep
* Alert Slider
* Off-screen gestures
* Slide on statusbar to adjust brightness
The procedure to installing a custom ROM is quite simple if followed right. Although OnePlus claims that the users still retain their device’s warranty, we strictly advice you not to proceed with the guide unless you are an Android enthusiast wanting the most out of your device. With that being said, if you don’t already have an unlocked bootloader, with a custom recovery installed on your OnePlus 3, we have detailed guides on the following as well.
AndroidOdex is not responsible for any kind of mishap that occurs to your device in the midst of the process. Our guides are well researched and aptly written, and we advice you to give them a good read before carrying out the procedure.
- This guide is specifically made for the OnePlus 3. Trying this on other devices might result in a hard brick.
- Ensure your device has atleast 60% of battery to prevent shutdowns in the middle of the procedure.
- Flashing a custom ROM requires you to wipe your data partition, so make sure you have your apps and data backed up prior to the procedure.
- We recommend you use the original data cable supplied by the OEM to connect your phone to your PC and transfer the required files.
How to Install VertexOS on OnePlus 3
- Transfer the ROM file to the root of your internal storage.
- Reboot your phone into the recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Swipe to allow modifications in TWRP Recovery.
- Tap on “Wipe“, and swipe to factory wipe your device.
- From the main menu, tap on Install and navigate to the zip file you’ve just transferred.
- Tap on it, and swipe to confirm the flash.
- This ROM comes with an Aroma installer, so you may need to additionally select stuff you want with the flash and proceed.
- Additionally, you may flash GApps to gain Play Services and all the goodies.
- The process takes a good second, and once done don’t forget to wipe cache.
That’s all! You’ve successfully installed VertexOS on your OnePlus 3. What’s next? Browse through our website’s OnePlus 3 archives to install some custom ROMs as well. If you had any issues in following our guide on How to install VertexOS on OnePlus 3 , then feel free to hit us in the comments section below.