Released back in 2014 alongside HTC One M8, HTC One Mini 2 is a premium device, designed exclusively for those who do not want to have heavy pockets due to big devices. It is more like a shrunken version of HTC One M8. However, when it comes to performance and other features, HTC One Mini 2 is better than most of its rivals. HTC One Mini 2 runs Android operating system which means there is always room for custom things. For those who were looking for a new custom ROM for their HTC One Mini 2, thanks to XDA member, nightcore500 we now have LineageOS 14.1. In this guide, we will help you install LineageOS on HTC One Mini 2.
LineageOS, previously known as CyanogenMod is one of the most popular custom ROM for Android running devices. One of the major changes LineageOS brings is the performance boost. It improves the performance of your HTC One Mini 2 and enables you to customize it according to your liking. Other major LineageOS features include switch to userdebug, fix NFC, switch to jelly Browser, updated graphics blobs, fixed SDCard driver and many more.
Installing custom ROM on Android device is easy, however, the process is a bit risky for newbies and even a simple mistake could brick your device. For your ease, we have listed all the necessary instructions to install LineageOS on HTC One Mini 2.
INSTALLING CUSTOM ROMS IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, ANDROIDODEX WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Head over to the link and download USB Drivers for your HTC One Mini 2.
- Your device must have an Unlocked Bootloader. (Here’s how you can Unlock Bootloader of Android Devices).
- Make sure you have TWRP Recovery installed on your HTC One Mini 2. (Use this link to install TWRP on your HTC One Mini 2).
- Charge your devices to 60%, at least.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do so;
- Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications.
- Tap on Developer Options and then on USB Debugging to enable it.
How to Install LineageOS on HTC One Mini 2
- First, click on the link and download LineageOS 14.1 for your HTC One Mini.
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded LineageOS ROM file to the SD Card.
- Disconnect the device and turn it Off.
- Now Press and Hold Power + Volume Down Keys at the same time. This will put your HTC One Mini 2 into Bootloader mode.
- Press Volume Up key twice and then use Power key to select the recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, select Wipe and then tick every option except SD card.
- Then swipe to perform a Factory reset on your device.
- Now head back to the main menu and select Install.
- Here, locate the LineageOS ROM file you copied and tap on Install.
- When the installation completes, return to the main menu, select Reboot and then System.
- That’s it.
Let us know in the comments if you have questions.