Released back in 2015, Galaxy S6 is one of the most successful devices of Samsung. It is the first Samsung device from Galaxy S series to come in two variants i.e Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. It is always recommended to protect your device with protectors and side covers but mishaps occur. You are reading this that means you already own a Galaxy S6, so let’s get to what you are searching for. If you have accidentally broken your Galaxy S6 and do not want to lose your data, you have come to the right place. In this guide, we will help you recover data from broken Galaxy S6.
Now the first thing you might be thinking of is Samsung Kies but that won’t help if you have a security code set and yes the fingerprint too because your phone has just rebooted. If you are caught in a situation like this, don’t worry, we have got you covered. For your ease, we have compiled few methods that will help you recover data from broken Galaxy S6. Follow the instructions provided and hopefully, you will recover all your data.
Use Samsung Account to Recover data from Broken Galaxy S6
In this method, we will use Samsung Account to recover the data. It’s similar to Apple’s find my iPhone feature and helps recover contacts and other things.
- First, head over to the link and log into Find my Mobile using the credentials of your Samsung Account.
- After you log in, look for the option named, Remotely unlock my phone or Unlock screen remotely.
- Use this feature to unlock your phone.
- Once the phone is unlocked, connect it to your PC (Windows or Mac).
- Now use Samsung Kies or Smart Switch to recover the data. (Here’s how you can install Samsung Kies and Smart Switch).
In order for this method to work, you must have Samsung Account.
Use Recovery Software to Recover Data from Broken Galaxy S6
When nothing works, turn to Samsung’s data recovery tool. It isn’t very advance in terms of features but does the job and recovers data from broken GalaxY S6. To recover data using mentioned tool, follow the instructions provided below.
- First, click on the provided links and download the recovery software.
- Now install the application on your PC and connect your broken Galaxy S6 with it via USB cable.
- There are various recovery modes in this app, to recover data from broken Galaxy S6, choose Android Broken Data Recovery from the side panel.
- Select the file type you want to recover, select all if you want to recover everything.
- Now select the state of your phone, since your phone is broken choose black/broken screen.
- Enter the device name and model number and click on next.
- Boot your broken Galaxy S6 into download mode. To do so;
- Turn Off the device.
- Press and Hold Power + Volume Down + Home keys at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- After that release all the keys and press Volume Up key.
- This will boot the device in download mode.
- Once in download mode, the software will analyze your device automatically.
- Click on Start button to initiate the scanning.
- When the scan completes, you can click on the Recover button to save the data.
That’s it. If you are stuck at some point or facing issues, let us know in the comments.