Samsung’s latest flagships, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are out in full glory and have stunned the users. Same was the case with Samsung’s former crown jewel, Galaxy S7 Edge. Due to its curved display and number of other feature such as Always On Display, it stunned the users and that’s the reason many are still using this amazing smartphone. Like other things, Samsung has made the screen of Galaxy S7 Edge pretty hard but its edgy screen also makes it prone to damage. Unfortunately, if you have damaged the screen we will help you recover data from broken Galaxy S7 Edge.
It’s pretty easy to recover data from broken Galaxy S7 Edge, all you need is to connect it to your PC and copy whatever you want. In case you have fingerprint lock set, you can simply swipe your finger but in most cases when the device falls, it reboots and that’s where fingerprint doesn’t work. If you are out of luck and have already tried Samsung Kies but failed to recover data, don’t worry we have got you covered.
Also Read: Fix Galaxy S7 Fast Charging Not Working
In order to recover data, we will use Find My Mobile feature and remotely unlock the broken Galaxy S7 Edge. Once the phone is unlocked, you can easily recover the data.
Recover Data From Broken Galaxy S7 Edge
- First, head over to the link and log into Find my Mobile using the credentials of your Samsung Account. If you don’t remember the account credentials, use Find email/password option.
- After you log in, look for the option named, Remotely unlock my phone or Unlock screen remotely.
- Use this feature to unlock your phone.
- Once the phone is unlocked, connect it to your PC (Windows or Mac).
- Now use Samsung Kies or Smart Switch to recover the data. (Here’s how you can install Samsung Kies and Smart Switch).
Use Data Recovery Software
If you do not remember your Account credentials or due to any reason Find My Mobile service isn’t working for your, use data recovery software to recover data. However, your priority should be to recover data via Find My Mobile.
- Click on the provided links and download the recovery software.
- Install the recovery software on your PC and connect your broken Galaxy S7 Edge via USB cable.
- Launch the software and select Android Broken Data Recovery from the side panel.
- Select the file type you want to recover, select all if you want to recover everything.
- Now select the state of your phone, since your phone is broken choose black/broken screen.
- Enter the device name and model number and click on next.
- Boot your broken Galaxy S7 Edge into download mode. To do so;
- Turn Off the device.
- Press and Hold Power + Volume Down + Home keys at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- After that release all the keys and press Volume Up key.
- This will boot the device in download mode.
- Once in download mode, the software will analyze your Galaxy S7 Edge automatically.
- Click on Start button to initiate the scanning.
- When the scan completes, you can click on the Recover button to save the data.
If you are stuck at some point or have questions related to the methods, let us know in the comments.