Sometimes we just misplace things, it’s human nature, we forget things. Forgetting things is one thing but misplacing phone is another. Since today, for even the little tasks we turn to our smartphones. This has created a huge impact and due to that, it is troublesome for anyone to lose the phone. Things get worse when the phones are the Samsung’s latest flagship, Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and are on silent. Don’t fret, if you have misplaced your newly bought Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. In this guide, we will help you track and locate Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
For your ease, we have listed a couple of methods, both work perfectly. However, it depends on which you pick since requirements for both are different. Following these methods you will be will be able to not just track and locate your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus but will also be able to wipe the data remotely. This comes in handy when you are sure your device has been stolen and the data it carries should not end up in wrong hands.
Track and Locate Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Remotely
In order to locate Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, you will have to perform the tracking actions on them remotely. There are two ways you can use to perform actions on your lost devices remotely. First and most widely used is Google’s Android Device Manager, uses your Google account to track your phone while the second way is Samsung’s Find my Mobile feature. It uses your Samsung account to locate your lost device. Here’s how you can use these methods to locate Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
Locate Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Android Device Manager
- Use the provided link and navigate to Android Device Manager.
- Upon clicking the link, you will be asked to log in using your Gmail ID and password.
- Log in with the Google/Gmail account that is running on your lost device.
- A map will appear with an options panel which you can perform on your lost device remotely.
- From the panel, click on the round button. This will locate your lost Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Similarly, you can wipe the data from your device if it has been stolen or make it ring at maximum volume to find it.
The ring at maximum volume feature will work only if the WiFi/Mobile Data is turned On.
Locate your Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Find my Mobile
- Head over to Find my Mobile.
- You will be asked to sign in. Use the credentials associated with your Samsung account and log in.
- In case you do not remember your Samsung account credentials, use find email/password option.
- Once logged in, you can use locate my device feature to locate your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus on Google maps.
Like Google’s Android Device Manager, Samsung’s Find my Mobile also allows you to make your lost device ring at maximum volume and wipe data remotely.
If you have any query, let us know in the comments.