After being starved for quite some time, Samsung‘s Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T715) and Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) are getting the Nougat update. The update comes with a build number T715XXU2CQCL and T810XXU2DQCL respectively at a size of 954.93MB for these two devices. With this latest update, you can now enjoy the latest features of Android Naugat 7.0 on your Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 and Galaxy Tab S2 9.7. At first, the update was limited to only Italy and Germany but now it has been released in other regions as well. In case you are left out of the latest update, get your hands on it and enjoy the latest features of Nougat 7.0 on both the variants of Galaxy Tab S2.
After updating your tablets to Nougat 7.0 you will experience improvements in the multi-window feature, and overall improved and faster installation of apps and updates. Aside from the Nougat 7.0 features, the upgrade comes packed with Game Launcher, new user interface, improved notifications and quick setting buttons.
In case you live in those regions where the update is currently rolling, all you need is to navigate to Settings > About Device > Software Update. In order to update your tablets manually, follow the instructions provided below.
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy Tab S2.
- Head over to the link and download the latest version of Odin3 v3.12.3.
- Use the link and download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options.
- Create a backup of your data.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 50% so that it won’t shut down during the process.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 and 9.7 to Android 7.0
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab S2 into Download Mode. To do so;
- Turn OFF your device.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button simultaneously. When the device lights up, let go of all the buttons and press Volume Up key.
- Now unzip the download folder and launch Odin.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab S2 to your PC via USB cable with the PC running Odin.
- After connecting, click on the AP button and add the tar.md5 that you downloaded in firmware package.
- Once the file is added, click on Start to initiate the installation.
- You will get PASS! message on Odin screen when the installation completes.
That’s it you have installed the Nougat 7.0 on your Galaxy Tab S2. In case you are having issues, let us know in the comments.