Smartphones are the only gadgets that we carry around with us all the time. That’s the reason we have tons of our personal data stored on them. Since it’s your personal data, you don’t want your device to end up in wrong hands, however, bad things happen and you can lose your device. It is wise to wipe the data from the lost device than for it to end up in wrong hands. Good news is that you can wipe data from lost Android device remotely. Don’t fret, if you haven’t done it before, we have got you covered.
Fortunately, Android users can easily track their lost or misplaced device. Therefore, before you make up your mind, look around if you can found your device. For your ease, we have also provided the instructions to help you locate your lost Android device. If there isn’t a chance to get back your device, it’s better you wipe data from lost Android device. Android’s security measures allow you to connect to your device remotely and wipe data from it.
Also Read: How to Recover Data from Broken Galaxy S6
Android Device Manager is the tool we will be using for wiping the data from Android device remotely. It basically helps you access your Android device via the Google account and enables you to track and wipe the data. The instructions provided in the method are easy to follow, let’s jump over without further ado.
Wipe Data From Lost Android Device
In order to wipe data from lost Android device, you will have to access it using the Android Device Manager. Here’s how you can use Android Device Manager to wipe data.
- Use the provided link and navigate to Android Device Manager.
- Upon clicking the link, you will be asked to log in using your Gmail ID and password.
- Log in using the Google/Gmail account that was running on your lost device.
- A map will appear with an options panel which you can perform on your lost device remotely.
- From the panel, click on the Erase button.
- Once you confirm the erase, Android Device Manager will wipe the data stored on your Android device.
- You can also locate your lost Android device by simply clicking on the round shaped button on the top-right corner of the map.
- Similarly, if you have misplaced the device, use the Ring option. It will make your misplaced or lost Android device ring at maximum volume.